Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 8 - Psalm 117 & 118

Psalm 117 & 118

"His love endures forever"

What do we know that lasts forever? We know that good economic times don't last forever, and it only seems like bad economic times last forever. Our bodies don't stay young, nor babies stay babies. Cars don't last and technology changes. Even relationships change, sometimes for the better and other times for the worse. I guess you could say that everything changes. What can we say about our lives that endures forever?

The Psalmist tells us that the love of God endures forever. When all else fails, the love of God is there for us. We can always depend on the love of God being there for us.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I get a lot of hope from that. And there is one of my favorites that gives assurance for right here and now - "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." - and, alas! that's all too easy for me to forget when things aren't going the way I want - but I'm trying! He made this day, so I'm going to accept it, wallow around in it some,and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete