Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26

Psalm 143 & 144

"for no one living is righteous before you"

To be righteous before God means we live in a in right relationship with God. Righteous living is to act as God calls us to live. This verse reminds us that none one is righteous. We all fail. We all fall short (Romans 3:23). None live completely as God wants the us to, that is one reason that Jesus said no one is good.

What is astounding is that God's love is extended to us even while we are doing the very things God does not want. God's love is not dependent upon our behavior, God's love arises from the nature and character of God.

1 comment:

  1. As ironic as this may be, I find it reassuring to read that no one is righteous. I look at some people and see how godly they are, and start comparing myself to them and feeling guilty for things I have done wrong. It is somewhat comforting to know that 1) I am not the only one who messes up, and 2) God still loves me-regardless of if I mess up or stumble from time to time.

    On another note. Last night I was at a worship service that is held for college students. The event is called Overflow and it is an hour of singing praise and worship. All of the lights are turned out, to help direct the focus to God, not to those around you. There is something about putting a bunch of people in a room to sing praise and worship in whatever way they feel possible that truly allows His presence to be felt. I think in the dark, people do not feel inhibited and praise Him in whatever way they want-by standing, sitting, kneeling, dancing. I have attended Overflow since my freshman year, but not until this year have I really been moved by it. I changed, opened myself to God, and by doing so am constantly blessed by His presence. I can really find Him in almost anything now, and last night was just one example.

    ReplyDelete