Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18

Psalm 129 & 130

"If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, therefore you are feared."

As I was trying to turn on my computer this morning, my cat felt the need to walk between me and the computer screen. I don't know what she was doing, but she kept getting in my way. I removed her gently once. Then a second time. The she walked across the keyboard, causing the computer to do things I did not want. I chased her out of the room.

Now I could settle in to read the scripture, focus on God and what do I read, a prayer of thanks that God does not keep a record of sin. I had a prayer of thanks that God treats me better than I treat my cat. A word of thanks that God does not chase me away.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about how forgiving our God is the other day. It's easy for me to look back at all the things I've done wrong and regret doing them. I'm embarrassed to admit these things to myself, others, and God (ironic because He already knows). The hard part is asking for forgiveness. I often wonder if maybe this is too big to be forgiven for, but it's not. No matter how many times I mess up, God will always grant me a "clean slate." Knowing this, it makes me consider my actions more, because even though God will always forgive me, it doesn't mean that I should abuse that gift of grace.

    ReplyDelete