Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25

August 25 - Psalm 141 & 142

The Psalmist is free with God to express his frustrations, doubts, concerns and joys. There is no aspect to his life that he does not lay before God. In chapter 142 he writes of sharing his complaints and troubles with God. When he wears out and feels alone he goes to God. The Psalmist gives us a model of prayer. Our prayer lives are to be open and honest discussions with God. As we are honest with God in our prayer life, it opens our lives to the involvement of God. Opening our lives to God's involvement is always good.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it hard for me to sometimes be honest with God? I know He already knows everything I've done and everything I will do, yet often I find it hard to actually admit them. I know that He will forgive me, so I think it is the fear of admitting it to myself and forgiving myself.
    These are exactly the kinds of troubles that God wants us to share with Him. Whenever I really open myself to God, and speak honestly, I always feel calm.
    The other day I felt God place something on my heart, in the span of about 5 seconds I experienced happiness, nervousness, stress, anxiety, sadness...and then finally I was calm. I think I became open to what God was saying. No, it is not what I had planned for my life, but by putting my trust in what He has for me, He took care of me.

    ReplyDelete