Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday, March 31

Tuesday, March 31 -- Mark 5

Jesus deals with Legion, the woman is healed as he walks by, "Little girl get up"

This morning we had a breakfast for investment/financial professionals at the church. I did not recognize the name of a man who had made an RSVP. I was looking forward to meeting this man, who I thought might be someone new to our church. I was disappointed when he was not there when we began. I was excited when I saw the stranger walk in the door a little late. This stranger is not what I thought. He is essentially a homeless man traveling Las Vegas to Florida. He had done a google search for a men's bible study, found our website and the breakfast. Then he called to make RSVP. Not your normal homeless person. He had accepted Christ 5 weeks ago and since has been completely rejected by his family. As he was sharing his story, I thought of this passage I had read earlier. I imagine when Jesus got up in the morning Legion, the woman and the little girl were not on his daily planner. But there were the people God brought his way. Watch for who God brings your way today.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful story. I am glad our church welcomes such strangers.

    ReplyDelete