Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, March 16

Colossians 4

Devote yourself to prayer….

I tried for a years to be pray for long periods of time at once, like an hour at a time. I found that to be a struggle. The type of prayer that works best for me is to slip in and out of it all day long. Like riding in the car with a friend where you have an on-going conversation that sometimes slips into silence. There is never really an “amen” to my prayer, except in public worship. I am not sure if this it what it means to be devoted to prayer, but it seems to keep me connected.

1 comment:

  1. I tried once to do the early, early morning prayer and I kept falling asleep. Timing a prayer seems to make it an obligation. Maybe it's like exercise. Start out by doing what you can, and hopefully it gets easier to pray longer and with more power.

    ReplyDelete