Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, March 15

Sunday, March 15 - Colossians 3

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

My bible gives this section the title "Rules for Christian Living". The first 16 verses give a listing of a number of "does" and "don'ts". Verse 17, listed above, is the summary of that section. This verse says everything I do is a reflection of my faith in Jesus Christ. The rules are not about being legalistic in my living but about remembering I am to reflect Jesus in everything I do.

1 comment:

  1. I have a list of non negotiables: I will not put myself in a situation where my husband will doubt me, I will not keep the change if the cashier makes a mistake, to name two. But do I do EVERYTHING in the name of Jesus? Why not? Is it so hard? Questions I need to answer this week.

    ReplyDelete