Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday, March 8

Sunday, March 8 - Ephesians 6

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

I am not sure how I could be a parent and not exasperate my child. I confess that at times I over react and at other times I don't push when I should.

Paul does focus my parenting. My task is to help my children grow in faith. So while I may fail at times as a parent, I need to remember the ulitmate goal is to raise children who know and follow the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Great Reminder on the goal in raising our children.

    I am always encouraged by verse 16:

    "In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."

    It is a reminder that all the nonsense that gets thrust in our direction (tv commercials, magazine ads, etc.) can just fall away. We occasionally find ourselves where we shouldn't be and yet with this shield of faith we can come through unharmed and unspoiled.

    Thanks for the blogs Ken.

    ReplyDelete