Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday, March 2

Monday, March 2 - Galatians 6

Several people yesterday mentioned how I seem to be up in the middle of the night posting. The clock on this blog is wrong. Most mornings I am posting between 5:30 - 6:30 AM.

What passage spoke to you?

"A man reaps what he sows....Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

The basic principal is that as I treat others, they will treat me. There are always exceptions, but sometimes in America we get so caught up on the exceptions that we reject the principal. As I am kind, loving, and generous towards others, especially in the family of believers, they will be so towards me. What I reap in my relationships is what I have sown into them.

1 comment:

  1. Verse 9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up,” I get tired in parenting. Sometimes I am so weary….I do feel like giving up. God tells me that at the proper time I will reap the harvest, if I do not give up. I want to learn to be patient and to look for that harvest in a different way. Maybe I am reaping the harvest; I just don’t recognize it because it is not what I think it should be. I pray that God will help me be more diligent and energetic in my parenting, to not give up. I want to look for new ways of handling situations and to look for the harvest, maybe it is right before my eyes, and I just don’t recognize it.

    ReplyDelete