Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday, March 27

Friday, March 27 - Mark 1

"and he was in the desert forty days, tempted by Satan"

Temptation comes in many forms. This morning as I was reading this chapter, one of our two cats would not leave me alone. She kept trying to lay down on my bible. I would set her on the floor and she would immediately jump back on the desk. After setting her on the floor for the 5th time, my irritation was rather high. The absurdity of it began to dawn on me, I was allowing a cat wanting attention to distract me.

What I thought about writing this morning....Now some in our household (primarily me) believe this is a very mean cat. Some might say that the cat was being led by Satan to distract me from God. Could this be a justification for getting rid of the cat? Hope began to arise. But the only biblical example I could think of when demons/Satan entered animals was when Jesus cast out "legion" and it went into pigs. They immediately ran into the lake and were drowned. I could not think of a time where animals were used by Satan to tempt people. I would rather not accept personal responsibility for this tempation to be distracted, instead I would like to use this as an excuse to get rid of the cat. If you can think of a good biblical justification for me to use, please let me know.

If you have tried to post a response in the past but were unable to do so because you did not have an account, that has been changed. You can now post without having an account.

2 comments:

  1. An example of animals tempting humans? How about the snake tempting Eve? But, then cats and snakes don't fit too well together.
    This is actually a very timely blog, considering ABC's "investigative" program on "Is There Really A Satan?". The nay-sayer "authorities" on the ABC program used snide ridicule of Christians and "mature logic" based on evolution to disavow the existence of Satan. To ABC's credit, the program actually did include some very inspirational Christian testimony, but the media war against religion continues in alarming openess. This Lenten period of re-dedication to Christ is of crucial importance.

    ReplyDelete