Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday, March 4

Wednesday, March 4 - Ephesians 2

"For it is by grace you have been saved, thruogh faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift of God - not by works, so no one can boast."

Grace is God's gift to me. The possibility of relationship with God is God's gift to me. I can not earn this, I can not deserve this. My only role in this is to decide whether to receive the gift. This passage puts my relationship with God in perspective. The relationship is built on God's goodness, not mine. I can never be good enough or work hard enough to earn the relationship. What I can do is live a life of gratitude in response to what God has done.

2 comments:

  1. Ken. that is a great summation and I will try to live that way. I certainly cannot add anything, except to say thanks for a lot of us who read your daily blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In verse 14-18, it seems Paul is talking about peace between two sides of a person, the side separate from Christ making peace with the side that is being brought nearer to Christ, but what speaks to me is the simple “For he himself is our peace..”. The uncertainty of our times seems to increase on a daily basis and the only true peace can be found in God. Amid the anxiety and worry, I want to look to God to find that peace.

    ReplyDelete