Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday, March 13

Friday, March 13 - Colossians 1

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

I read what Paul prays for in the lives of the Colossians and compare it to mine. I confess that at times I get so caught up in praying for the immediate struggles and difficulties of my friends that I do not pray for that they might be filled with knowledge and wisdom. There is nothing wrong with praying for their immediate issues, but spiritual wisdom and understanding might transform their (and my) lives.

I am thankful I could sleep in my own bed last night. It is nice to be home even if the weather is miserable.

1 comment:

  1. This is my prayer for pastors each Sunday. I pray that God will fill each of you with his love and wisdom, refresh you like clear spring water or a cool, sweet breeze. As a teacher, I know the same thing over and over can get stale. But I also love how each student makes it fresh. My prayer is that each service, each "good morning" is new and fresh for you.

    ReplyDelete