Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday, March 7

Saturday, March 7 - Ephesians 5

"Live as children of the light (for the fruit of the Lord consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord."

At times I wonder what the will of God is for me. I questions which direction God would have me go. What if God is not as nearly concerned about which direction I go, but more concerned about who I am? What if God's desire is the development of my character? What if God's concern is not where I go on vacation, which house I purchase or where I work, but that I am living my life in a way that pleases God?

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed by Paul's instructions to us to live in light - not in sin, and lists several vices to avoid.
    Also, here is another place where it's poor judgment to take something out of context like "... wives should submit to their husbands in everything." Better to read the whole passage and see where the husband also has to toe the line, and the two shall become one flesh. Then, in what seems like a teasing moment, Paul remembers that he is short on first-hand knowledge of marriage, and he adds, "This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the church."
    All-in-all, I think Eph.5 is a good sermon.
    humbly, Russ

    ReplyDelete