Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday, March 11

Wednesday, March 11 - Philippians 3

"but this one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind, straining forward to what lies ahead"

I am in San Diego for a conference on multi-site churches. I am trying to learn everything I can so we can make a good decision about Heritage becoming our satellite. The conference is very good but I am enjoying a side benefit. It seems like whenever I step away from the church to attend a conference, I am flooded with new ideas, new thoughts on how to deal with problems or how to communicate ideas. The experience helps me realize how easy it is for me to be so focused on everything that is happening around me, that I miss where God is calling me. When I have the opportunity to step away, I can turn my attention forward and move my life "to what lies ahead."

1 comment:

  1. I pray for travel mercies for our Pastor --- and that he can use all wisdom and vision to guide our FUMCG in these crucial times.

    ReplyDelete