Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday, March 21

Saturday, March 21 - I Thessalonians 5

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing"

The Christian faith is lived out in community, not isolation. This is something that we do together. As children of God we are part of the family of God. A family gathers to celebrate in the good times and to support each other when life becomes difficult. As the family of God, we are to do the same. We need each other.

We are back from a great vacation. We went skiing at Wolf Creek in Colorado. The weather was perfect, in the 40s every afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I always find it interesting when people say, Oh, I don't need to go to church to worship
    God. I can do that in my yard or at the lake. True, but I need to see and connect with others in my worship. It reminds me of God's love when friends smile, wave, or ask how my dad is doing (He's fine). It gets me out of my "self" mode when I remember to ask them about their struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful for my church family, and I know that I have been fortunate in drawing spiritual strength from other members - more than I can repay.

    ReplyDelete