Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday, March 12

Thursday, March 12 - Philippians 4

This is one of my favorite chapters in the bible. There are so many great verses of encouragement of how we ought to approach life.

"Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

I chose what I think about. At times, random thoughts just come. But once the thought is there it is my choice whether I focus on it or move on to something more honorable. When I get on the airplane today, I can think of how crowded it is or be thankful that I am not driving home. I have the opportunity today to make many such choices of where I focus my attention. It is my choice.

I resonate with this type of teaching. Where is pushing me towards the good instead of pushing me away from the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment