Saturday, December 4, 2010

Luke 19

Whenever I read the story of Zacchaeus, the children's song about him starts running through my mind. "Zacchaeus was a wee little man, a wee little man was he....". I have always had good thoughts about Zacchaeus and I can't help wonder if it is because of the song.

The people in his community had bad thoughts about him, he was considered a sinner. They could not conceive of any good coming from him because of his past behavior. I wonder what they thought when he said he would give half of his possessions to the poor and pay back four times what he has cheated from anyone? Would they give him a second chance?

Do you give people a second chance? Do you allow people the opportunity to change or do you always hold their past against them?

1 comment:

  1. Great post Ken. We serve the God of the second chance. Thank you for reminding us to walk with grace and see the best in each other.

    May His love keep you warm,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete