Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Luke 10

What struck me about Jesus sending out the 72 iwas the difficulty of their task. Jesus prepareed them for conflict and rejection. They went out knowing their job is difficult. They return with joy because of how God worked in their midst.

It is not easy to be a person of faith. We hope that somehow God will smooth everything out and make life easy. But living out our faith is no easier now than it was for the 72. God doesn't promise that it will be easy, God promises to always be with us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for God's promise to never leave us. As I get older, it seems that there are more and more times that I need His loving presence. I cannot imagine how the 72 felt as they left everything and went into towns before Jesus. I wish I had that kind of faith!

    One of my favorite scripture passages regarding God's promise to never leave us is Hebrews 13:5-6 (Amplified Bible): "...for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down ( relax My hold on you)! [ Assuredly not!]" This was sent to me at a very difficult time in my life and I have been able to share it with many others who say it has been a blessing to them.

    ReplyDelete