Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26

Romans 2

"God pays no attention to what others say (or what you think) about you. He makes up his own mind." (The Message)

These verses represent the true, unbiased nature of God. I think it also tags on to a theme of yesterday-that God can use us just as we are, just as He created us to be. God loves us for who we are, how we are, despite what society or our peers may think of us. This is great news! How many times have I bought into what other people think about me? I hear a rumor that's been spread, so I think it's true. It doesn't have to be this way! What if we could take the knowledge that we were created in God's perfect image, therefore, if we follow His ways and His Commandments, we are perfect in His eyes. I would call myself a perfectionist, and I've learned over the years that being perfect is almost impossible, there is always a way to be better, to score higher, or go farther. With God, we don't have to judge ourselves, He does that for us, through his non-judging eyes. The only way to achieve perfection is to live in the image that He created for us, to live out His Word and in His ways.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate The Message translation that Jenni has included. What powerful reassurance! We all have had times in our lives when someone has said something very hurtful either to us or about us. The most difficult times are when there is little or no truth in what is said but this "rumor" or perception has caused untold heartache. I'm so glad to be reminded that God doesn't pay attention to what others say since He alone knows the truth.

    Another part of this passage was especially meaningful and reminded me of our recent study on The Hole in Our Gospel: "Merely hearing God's law is a waste of your time if you don't do what he commands. Doing, not hearing, is what makes the difference with God"!!

    ReplyDelete