Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22

Acts 26

In this passage, again, Paul is being protected by God. I see God speaking through Paul, so King Agrippa and Festus are hearing God's voice rather than Paul's. Paul even recognizes God's help and protection through all of this. His message is heard and accepted-he is set free. He is not found guilty of any crime.
I really enjoy verses 28 and 29, Agrippa asks if Paul is he expects him to become a Christian almost instantly. Paul says it is not about when it happens, but that it does happen-that he does one day see the light. I think that is a perfect response. Sometimes people get too caught up in numbers when spreading the Good News. Believing is not an immediate thing for many people, it takes a lot of time, thought, and prayer-and honestly I think it deserves that, too. I think that decisions should be made because the individual wants it, not because it has been forced upon them. Only when we make the decisions ourselves will we see our faith being used to its full potential. Paul made the choice himself, and did amazing things for God-I have no doubt that God can use us in the way He used Paul.

-Jenni

2 comments:

  1. I long for the faith, words and peace that Paul was given! As Jenni said, he didn't try to force others to believe in Jesus, but rather talked about what happened to him in a calm and loving manner. I also long to serve God in "amazing ways" as did Paul! Through the Holy Spirit's work in our lives, that is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the statement, "I think that decisions should be made because the individual wants it, not because it has been forced upon them. Only when we make the decisions ourselves will we see our faith being used to its full potential."

    Forced decisions seldom lead to real change in people's hearts and lives.

    ReplyDelete