Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23

Acts 27

Do you see God in the wind? I do. Through the wind He is creating a barrier, as if saying "Stop! Stop! This is not where I want you to go, this is not what I want you to do." The wind carries the boat where it pleases, it takes it off its original track. I think this is what God does to us so often. He is like the wind, blowing us where He chooses, where He knows is best.
The men were scared, but Paul remained faithful. He listened to and heard God speak to Him, promising protection. Though it was a hard journey, God eventually led them safely to shore.
I believe He will do the same for us, if we are willing to be like Paul and surrender ourselves to Him. I think this is a perfect example of His protection. He does not promise that it will be 'smooth sailing,' but He does guarantee that He will lead us to the place where we need to be.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. This chapter is a wonderful example of the courage it took Paul and his followers to go on their missionary journeys. I fuss when my plane is a few hours late so I don't think I can say that I use "courage" when travelling in this day and time! What meaningful words Paul says to his men - and to us - to keep up the courage in storms of life! As Jenni says, we must first surrender to our Lord and Savior and allow Him to guide us.

    ReplyDelete