Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10

Acts 16

The leading of the Spirit is obvious in Acts. In chapter 16 we read how the Spirit would lead Paul and Silas to some places and keep them away from others.

I believe the Spirit's leading is present for us today. The question for us is whether we are open to or desiring to follow that leading. I find that I like the leading of the Spirit when it takes me where I want to go. I am not so excited about the leading when it is taking me where I do not want to go.

1 comment:

  1. I once heard a pastor say that God is far more willing to lead and guide us than we are to follow. I'm rather sorry to say that is likely true in my life even though I constantly ask for His guidance. I think I'm like Ken in not being so excited when the Spirit leads me to where I DO NOT want to go!

    ReplyDelete