Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13

Matthew 6:19-34

We can all agree to the truth of this passage but it is so difficult to live. Money entices. We can become fearful of not having enough money. We work hard to protect our money. We see money as a reward for our efforts. We live in a culture that idolizes money. Yet, Jesus teaches us there is a better way. A way that depends upon God. A way that seeks God first. This is very hard. That is why we have to remember every day that life is centered in God, not money.

1 comment:

  1. As I think back, money (or the lack thereof) has been the cause of many of my worries throughout my life. I have read and re-read these verses and now have a "sticky note widget" on my computer screen with verses 30-33 from the Message. Now if I could just remeber to read it daily - or many times a day as I look at my computer screen, maybe I would really "live it!"

    ReplyDelete