Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 11

Psalm 140

"I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy."

Occasionally in the Bible there is an amazing miracle. Miracles like the feeding of the 5000, or Jesus walking on water. However, those are the exception, not the rule. Usually when God acted in scripture it was through the lives of people carrying out the work of God. The way God normally acts today is through the lives of people. God in various ways calls people of faith
to carry out the work God wants done. So how would "the Lord secure justice for the poor"? Most likely it would be through people like you and me working on behalf of the poor. God has put many of us in positions that allow us to do what God wants.

1 comment:

  1. I can only think about the verse from Leviticus that was also profoundly used by Elie Wiesel, "Do not stand idly by." I know that I do far too much of being idle!

    ReplyDelete