Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/23 - Exodus 12

Exodus 12

God gives the people of Israel instructions on how they are to prepare for the Passover, those instructions become the basis for how they celebrate the Passovers today. The instructions help them remember the situation of their people and how God acted on their behalf. God wants them to remember.

When life becomes difficult, it is easy to forget. When our problems are great, or when we feel tremendous stress, it is easy for us to forgot what God. In those difficult times we feel as if it is all up to us. We become easily overwhelmed. There is great power in remembering. In taking just a few moments every day to center our lives and remember that God is with us.

2 comments:

  1. In recent weeks, I'll have to admit to being totally over-whelmed with what is going on with my family. Ken's comment reminds me of something I have been taught in my spiritual direction classes - to ask, at all times, "Where is God in this situation?" Now is test to "remember that God is with us!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problems always seem bigger when I try to tackle them alone. It is so easy to forget about God, to just go through the motions of our lives and forget to make time for Him. I find that when I make an effort to seek Him, or intentionally spend time with Him, my problems don't seem as overwhelming. I feel like whatever I'm going through, God will provide guidance through scripture or through the blessing of another person.
    We need to find God in all situations, like Pat said, because He IS there! Sometimes it is obvious, but other times we must make a concerted effort to seek Him, to recognize that He is with us always.

    ReplyDelete