Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25

Luke 16

"Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things, and they were scoffing at Him."

What does it mean to be a lover of money? I need money. I have responsibilities in regards to my family and financial commitments I have made. I earn money and try to handle it responsibly. Where is the line that I cross from using money to loving money? John Wesley used a saying, "Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can". Is that the key?

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this idea of holding money and possessions higher than God lately. I like to have things, I like to have money, to be comfortable in knowing that I won't live day to day or paycheck to paycheck. John Wesley's quote leaves me thinking about what is all I can? What is enough?
    I sat in on the 6th grade Sunday school class yesterday, and an interesting thought came up. God doesn't need our money, He doesn't care if we can give $1 or $100, what matters is our heart. Are we giving willingly or grudgingly? I don't think it's about the amount that we have, but rather the manner in which we are able to give.

    ReplyDelete