Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22

Proverbs 31

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute."

"That is not fair!" As children we used that line when someone received something we wanted. One of the thoughts I have had over the years is that I am generally only concerned about the issue of fairness when I am on the lower end of what is fair. I don't usually exclaim, "that's not fair" when I received more than someone else. When I receive the extra, I can find reasons to justify why I really deserved it and the other person did not.

This Proverb challenges us to speak to unfairness for those who are destitute. Since we are not destitute, we have the resources and power in life to help bring about change. That change will only occur if we are willing to speak and act on behalf of the destitute

1 comment:

  1. What a time in our lives that we can speak for those who can't! God gives us so much wisdom and power, if only we would use these blessings to the fulles!

    I am so grateful to be part of a church that does speak and act on behalf of those who can't or don't know how!

    ReplyDelete