Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2

Exodus 3

Moses' conversation with God is rather extraordinary. Each time God speaks, Moses seems to question God. I find it rather amazing that a human being that speaking directly to God questions what God wants him to do! At least Moses is honest with his questions and doubts. He speaks them directly to God.

Having doubts about what God wants us to do is a rather common experience. When we have them we tend to hold them in, thinking there is something wrong with our faith. Maybe Moses has given us the best model of what to do with our doubts and struggles. Openly express them to God. God knows what they are already. Maybe in expressing them, we can move past them.

1 comment:

  1. Questioning God seems to be a common theme that has been popping up in my life lately. I've spoken to a few people about this, and I've realized that I know God knows what I'm thinking, yet I still have a hard time admitting that I waiver.
    A lot of the reason why I struggle with expressing my doubts and fears is vulnerability. By admitting that I do not fully trust and rely on God, I feel very vulnerable-to judgment from others, from myself.
    I believe that giving things to God is the only way we can get rid of the burdens we have. Burdens that may include our doubts and fears, stopping us from fully letting go and following Him.

    ReplyDelete