Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sept. 10 - 1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13

"And now I will show you a more excellent way"

Paul writes he could have spiritual gifts such as tongues, prophesy, or faith but if love is not the underlying element in his life, these gifts are meaningless. God's love provides a way for us to have relationship with God. God's love reflected in our lives is at the core of our relationships with one another. If love is not present in our relationships, or if love in not central to how we treat one another in the church, we have missed the point.

1 comment:

  1. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ranks very high on my list of favorite Bible passages. I had never focused on the text that surrounded it though. Without love we are nothing, can do nothing. I had never thought about that before. When I think about my relationships with others, I realize that those with a foundation on God are much different-stronger-than those without. When we find God in our relationships, I think the love is almost automatic. I have always been told that marriages built on faith are stronger than those that are not. To me, when this love is present it is evident-God is showing Himself to us through them.

    ReplyDelete