Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday, April 23

Romans 12

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

When we allow our minds to be renewed, then we can grasp the will of God. As long as we stay conformed to this world and its values, we will struggle to understand how God wants us to live. How are we transformed? Through the power of God as in prayer we invite God to bring that transformation. Also, through sacrificial living, as we give up the way we want to live and live as God wants us to live.

1 comment:

  1. For me, renewal has come through reading the Bible. These readings have helped improve my prayer life and relationship with God. I think that by taking the initiative to set aside time daily to focus on God, it has made a different and powerful impact on me. I have been able to find common themes in everything that I have been hearing and reading, and it makes life seem more constant and stable. These daily readings have become something I look forward to. Before I had seen reading the Bible as a challenge, but now it is a reward. Like I said, it has let me focus my prayers and reevaluate some of the ways I had been living my daily life-the way that God wants me to.
    I have noticed a change that has made me different from some of my friends. Not in a bad way, but because of the way I have been choosing to live my life recently. Verses 9-21 describe the “Marks of a True Christian,” and those are the traits that I want to have. Recently I have focused very hard to implement some of these behaviors (some are a lot easier than others!), and have noticed a positive change in my attitude and way of thinking. My friends have noticed this, too. Some get annoyed that I don’t give in to negative and petty comments. This is the perfect example of what Paul is writing in verse 2- Not conforming even when you are tested and challenged.

    ReplyDelete