Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday, April 6

Monday, April 6 - Mark 11

"I tell you the truth, kif anyone says to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him....And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

I notice within myself the temptation to pay attention to verses that appeal to me and overlook passages that challenge me. The above passage is a good example. I love the verse that talks about prayer moving mountains. My temptation is to focus on that verse and ignore the words a few verses later that require my forgiveness. It is much easier to focus on what I want God to do for me, than what God wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment