Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday, April 24

- 1 Peter 2:13-17, Ephesians 5:15-20


Both of these passages speak of God's will. The passage in 1 Peter suggests a rather simple act as doing God's will. It reads, "For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men." Rather simple and straightforward. Do good. That is not too hard to figure out. It seems that when it comes to spirituality we often make it far more complicated than it needs to be. When you encounter a situation, a basic step to following God's will is simply to do good.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that doing good is a simple act that is often overlooked when wanting to follow God. Sometimes it is hard to do good though. Just this morning, I walked into the dining room for breakfast, and a girl who I don't get along with was sitting at a table. I have tried to reach out to her in the past without success. This morning I decided that I was going to REALLY reach out. I said "Good Morning,________" and got a stunned reaction. I know that what I did was the right thing to do, but I felt a little anxiety beforehand. How would she react? How would other people in the room react? Greeting her was an easy thing to do, I do it everyday to others, but in this situation it was hard. I could have given in to temptation and just ignored her, but I didn't. Doing good is easy when it is something we want to do. The act becomes more difficult and submission to worldly temptation increases when it is something we do not want to do-it is then that God is challenging us, making it even more important to follow His will.

    ReplyDelete