Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday, April 2

Thursday, April 2 - Mark 7

"What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance, and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.'"

The people Jesus is dealing with are focused on what they put into their bodies, what they eat and when they eat it. Jesus turns this around and tells them what is important is what is coming out of their bodies. Thus, when I am rude, speak out of frustration or speak poorly about my neighbor, that is when I am living outside the boundaries of how Jesus calls me to live. My actions and words reflect my inner being.

No comments:

Post a Comment