Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, April 13 by Rev. Melburn Sibley

Read Mark 8:1-10.

What lessons can we learn from this passage?

One is that God cares about all our needs; physical, spiritual and emotional.

We also see that God can do what we never dreamed possible. Imagine how reluctant the disciples must have been when Jesus told them to have the people sit down and then to hear Him say a blessing for the food!
Another important part of the story is that the disciples were willing to share what they had. Have you heard a new tither say: “ somehow I am getting by on nine-tenths better than I did when I kept all I had for myself?”  Wonderful things happen when we entrust what we have for God’s use.

We are blessed as we are a blessing to others.

Dear Lord, thank you for all we have received. Help me to have a generous heart to be an instrument you can use to bless others.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I especially appreciate Rev. Sibley's prayer about being generous. We are so blessed in this country and town but we often forget. I praise God for His many blessings and ask that He guide us all to share with others.

    ReplyDelete