Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday, April 2 by Bev Campisi

Read Mark 6:1-6.

Can’t we all really identify with Jesus here?  He’s out and about everyday, doing miracles, healing, teaching.  He comes “home” where people know him best, and Mark tells us they are “amazed”.  Can’t believe it’s him!  Where did HE get so smart?  How could HE be good enough to do all this?  He was one of US, and now he’s not?!

We could each go on and on with each other telling stories about how our own families and best friends don’t realize how good we are, how much we do, what “miracles” we work each day…and yet, I can’t go on and on with you because I am caught short by this:  Notes in my study Bible say “The amazement of Jesus is only mentioned twice:  in Luke by the Centurions’ belief, and here in his own home town because of this unbelief.”

I don’t want to “amaze” my Lord with my unbelief.

Who might I be over-looking, disregarding, as a piece of God’s amazing plan, just because they might not look to be well-informed or highly qualified?  What miracles of God am I getting in the way of or missing completely because of my unbelief in the possibilities of God using His people …any of His people?  All of His people, to do His work?

Dear Lord, I don’t want to amaze you by my lack of faith.  Knowing that wisdom comes from You, help me continue to seek guidance through your Word.  Open my eyes to recognize your people who you love and who you equip to share in your work.  Replace my disregard of some with your love for each of your children.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I believe there are lots of "amazing" people in our church and community. Of course, Ken Diehm was one of the most amazing as he gave so much to change lives here in Grapevine and in other places of the world - Kenya, New Orleans, Costa Rica, etc. I pray that we can continue to go forward with Ken's - and our church's - good work in the name of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete