Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday, April 14 by Bev Campisi

Read Mark 8:11-26.

The disciples always give me hope, yet I know if I were God I would sure get weary! He gave me two eyes, yet I fail to see as through His eyes.  My ears are open to hear what is familiar to me, yet closed to hear His word through others.  How can my oh-so-loving heart be hardened against some of the people He loves, when I am commanded to love my neighbor?  How can I forget that He can miraculously and abundantly provide in seemingly impossible situations?  How is it possible I still don’t understand?

When our children were little, and yes, even when they were “big” (bless them), I would grow weary of their questions:  “Why?”  “Why not?” Their arguments: “What?!  You’ve got to be kidding!?!”  Their rolling eyes.  Their expectations for me to provide what they wanted... miraculously!  I grew weary, but I loved them anyway.  I WANTED them to understand.  They were worth the effort.

Isn’t it wonderful that God doesn’t grow weary as quickly as I do?  So just like the Pharisees, I may question Jesus.  I may ask him for a sign from heaven.  I may argue with him.  And just like the disciples, I may question him and not get it…yet and still!

But I’m still growing and I trust He is NOT finished with me yet!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, that even though my actions may cause you to sigh deeply, your love is unending and you will continue to help me understand.  I am so grateful that you have assured me through your life and your death and your resurrection that I am worth it!  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that with the way we have been blessed in innumerable ways that we would clearly see God's amazing love and grace! However, I know that there are times he says, "Don't you understand?" I pray that He will open our eyes and ears to just trust Him truly believing that He is with us and He will guide our paths.

    ReplyDelete