Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday, April 7 by Trudy Hughes

Read Mark 6:45-52.

In reading this scripture, it reminds me how easy it is to forget just how awesome our Lord really is.  Like the disciples, I struggle with the problems of the day, thinking that I can handle them without His help.  As I continue to struggle, I hate to ask for His help.  Is the problem too small to ask Him?  Is this a task He gave me to solve on my own? Am I prideful in thinking I can do it without help?  And when I give in and watch Him walk on water to me, the solution comes easily.  His peace surrounds me and I know that He is there for me all the time…no matter how small or how large the problem.

Dear Lord, thank you for your presence in our lives.  Help us to know that there is absolutely nothing too small or too large for us to share with you and seek your help.  You are the One who can still our storms and we thank you.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. The last verse bothered me about this scripture passage. How could the disciples hearts be hardened after all they had seen Jesus do for them and others? My next question is "Am I the same way?" Is my heart hardened at times when I don't allow His amazing grace and love to guide every minute of my life? I know I try to do things on my own but just need to ask for His guidance and presence. I pray now for the wisdom to follow His way in my life.

    ReplyDelete