Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday, March 30 by Rev. Rick Mang

Read Mark 5:1-20.

After such a wonderful miracle of saving a man’s life, the people asked Jesus to leave.  Why?  Were they afraid of his supernatural power?  Did they fear that Jesus would continue to cast demons into other herds of animals in the area?

Obviously, for any type of farmer or rancher, their personal security was tied directly to the number of animals they owned.  The Gerasenes chose their income and sense of security over their having the privilege of Jesus staying with them and teaching them.

Have you made similar choices in your life, choosing your sense of security over Jesus?

Dear God, forgive me when I do not put my full trust in you to take care of me. You, O God, are my security!   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment