Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday, March 14 by Dr. Cindy Ryan

Read Mark 1:40-45.

“A leper came to Jesus, begging on his knees, ‘If you want to, you can cleanse me.’  Deeply moved, Jesus put out his hand, touched him and said, ‘I want to.  Be clean.’”  Mark 14:40-41

In this passage, the words of the leper and of Jesus just seem to leap off the page.  “Jesus, if you want to, you can cleanse me.”  And Jesus replies, “I want to.”

Can you picture yourself before Jesus on your knees begging to be healed?  Of disease or an addiction?  Of a deep grief?  A broken relationship?  Of your tendency to drift away from God?  Can you imagine Jesus saying to you, “I want to heal you.  I want to.”

God, maybe it is time for us to fall on our knees before Jesus, to name our brokenness, to ask for healing.  Your word is telling us that Jesus wants to heal even us, even us.  May it be so.  Amen.     

1 comment:

  1. I have begged Jesus on many occasions - for healing of myself or others - physical, spiritual, or emotional. However, instead of spreading the good news, I shortly begin having my doubts! I "take it back" - after I have handed to Him my hurts or griefs or pain. I praise God for His most amazing grace that He still loves me - and I ask for His Spirit and trust to be complete in me.

    ReplyDelete