Thursday, March 3, 2011

Psalm 31:1-5

I think this Psalm is a good description of how God can be our refuge. If we turn to him and ask him, he will come to comfort us.  The Message version of the text says this, "Don't let me down! Take me seriously this time!" (vv. 1-2)  I was struck by the part that said, "take me seriously."  I've run to God many times, only to become impatient and try to do it on my own.  I think if I want God to take me seriously, I have to take him seriously and trust that he will lead me through.

1 comment:

  1. For me, I realize the problem is that God DOES take me seriously but I don't always take Him seriously enough to really trust Him.

    Last night I received word that my family doctor of many years passed away very unexpectedly on Sunday afternoon at age 53. I will have to admit that I almost feel that a "test" is going on! Losing two such wonderful people from my life and the lives of so many - in a short period of time is almost unbelievable. Trust is the word!!!

    ReplyDelete