Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Numbers 14

What an amazing discussion between Moses and God. God is fed up with the disobedience of the people. Moses seeks to change God's mind and save the people. God relents but determines the consequence of their disobedience is that they will not enter the promised land. Those over 20, excluding Caleb and Joshua, will die in the wilderness. There is consequence to their sin.

We are forgiven our sin. But the forgiveness of God does not mean all of the consequences are removed. If for example, I become angry while driving and have an accident. God will forgive my anger, but I still have to deal with the consequence of having an accident. Or if I say something inappropriate to someone, I can be forgiven but I still have to deal with the person.

Sandra Tate's surgery went well yesterday. Please pray for Rich today as he struggles with bone marrow transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment