Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Genesis 8

Chapter 8 concludes with God's promise to never destroy all the creatures of the earth again. But God has intervened on behalf of humanity many times since the flood. Through Abraham, the prophets and finally in Jesus.

As Christians, we believe that Jesus is the ultimate intervention of God on behalf of humanity. The theological word we use for God's act in Jesus is incarnation. Incarnation means that God took the form of a human being to be in our midst. Through the incarnation God shared life with us and showed us how we are to live.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of how God intervened for us in many ways - finally in Jesus! Since Jesus showed us clearly the way to live, I wonder why I'm not living exactly like Him! I pray daily for God's guidance in making my life one that glorifies Him. The scripture in the sermon a few weeks ago was another added to my "memorization" list - "Let your light so shine before men that may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." To me that means that we don't do anything for our own glory - but all for Him.

    ReplyDelete