Thursday, August 26, 2010

Genesis 15

Abram has questions. God has made a covenant with him about becoming a great nation, yet Abram does not have a child with his wife Sarai. He has questions for God of what is to become of his family.

There are moments in which everyone has questions about God, life and faith. Often we are ashamed that we have such questions. However, I believe that such questions are a natural part of of the life of faith. Faith pushes us to live at the edge of life. To believe when we struggle with the direction of life, to believe when we struggle to see the future. The issue is not whether or not we will have questions, the issue is how will we deal with the questions we have.

1 comment:

  1. I and many others have numerous questions about life and why things turn out as they sometimes do. However, I know that it is not meant for me or any of us to know all the answers. I read recently that if we did, that would make us a god - which we are not. I am reminded of the Scripture in I Corinthians, "Now we see through a glass darkly but then face to face."

    Abram's concerns/questions turned out with miraculous-type answers. I guess that's what we are all looking for!

    ReplyDelete