Thursday, August 19, 2010

Deuteronomy 33

We have fast forwarded in the story of Moses to drawing near to the promised land for a second time. Moses is very old now. The people have wandered in the wilderness for a second time. Before his death, Moses never gets to enter the promised land, he blesses the people. He recounts experiences and different tribes in pronouncing the blessings.

We have the opportunity to bless people every day. The words that we speak can build people up or tear them down. It is our choice what we say and how we use our words.

Pray for college students as they move to their campuses.

1 comment:

  1. I love the prayer from Psalm 19:14: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord." However, I will admit that most of the time I don't use that prayer enough; i.e., I speak before I think or pray. This Scripture is such a good reminder of how our words can bless or hurt anyone who hears or reads them! I pray that God will help me use my words only to bless others.

    ReplyDelete