Saturday, August 14, 2010

Genesis 11

Two thoughts about this chapter.

1. Amazing how quickly humanity moves away from God. The story of creation is followed by the story of Adam, Eve and the serpent. The story of Noah's ark is followed by humanity being totally disconnected from God and wanting "to make a name for ourselves". We are not much different. We drift away from God very quickly if we are not intentional in life.

2. Notice how the length of the life spans begins to drop rapidly. As humanity moves away from the story of creation, their lives shorten.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard people say that they don't need the church to worship God - that they do better by themselves. The older I get the more I realize how "intentional" I must be in order to get closer to God and truly worship Him. I must take time to pray, read Scripture and serve others - and make these times my life's priorities. I'm certainly not there yet but at least I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete