Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29

Matthew 6:9-15

This is the Lord's prayer. Notice that we have added a closing section to what Jesus taught.

A part of the Lord's prayer involves asking for G0d's forgiveness. The teaching that follows the prayer is incredibly powerful. In it Jesus says that as we forgive others, that is the manner in which God will forgive us. This is a hard teaching. I don't think he is teaching that we earn forgiveness. I think what he is teaching is that one of the signs that we have experienced forgiveness, is our willingness to forgive others. If we are unwilling to forgive others, it is most likely because we have not experienced forgiveness ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read this, I feel that there is no question that we MUST forgive. I praise God for His amazing love and forgiveness; along with that, I ask that He give me the strength to forgive in all situations.

    ReplyDelete