Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15

Psalm 32

I think this passage shows the true character and mercy of the Lord. Here God is being praised for His love and His gift of forgiveness. He is responsible for taking away to burden of guilt. "Bones wasted away," "strength was sapped." I know I have felt the weight of guilt, it is literally something that we carry on our bodies. The only way to alleviate the pain and remove the burden is to ask God for forgiveness, to be blessed with His grace and mercy. The great thing about this is that the offer is always available, all we have to do is ask.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness is such a BIG issue! I have taught the Companions' class on "Forgiveness" on two separate occasions. On both occasions I have gone into the class thinking rather piously that I have done a pretty good job of forgiving and asking to be forgiven. After about a week or two I realize that this needs to be a daily "habit" of asking God to help me totally forgive others and for Him and others to forgive me. The Lord's Prayer should be one of the greatest reminders of this need! We are told in this scripture about how this lack of forgiveness does "eat up our bones" - and even the Mayo Clinic tells us the same thing! Someone recently quoted Mark Twin about anger because of lack of forgiveness, "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

    ReplyDelete