Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28

1 John 2

"I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name."

Scripture is clear on this point. There is no doubt. We are forgiven because of the action of God. Forgiveness is a gift. We do not earn it, we do not deserve it. Forgiveness is a gift. For the gift to become ours, we have to receive the gift of forgiveness. Therefore, I am not called to forgive myself for the wrong I have done. I am invited to receive the gift of forgiveness that God wants to give me.

1 comment:

  1. I praise God daily for His amazing grace - and His forgiveness of my sins! However, I realized this morning who doesn't do what we know we HAVE to do - change - as in yesterday's blog! This morning during my prayer time, I realized that I did ask for forgiveness but I really haven't changed about many things such as use of my time, judgement, worry, etc. My prayer is now a "Thank you" but also "Please help me change."

    ReplyDelete