Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13

2 Samuel 12

This passage is very interesting to me. David is so quick to see the fault in what the rich man of the story did, yet so slow to see his own wrongdoing. I think about how quick I am to notice what other people do wrong; to notice and judge and cast punishment as David did. It's easy to admit the fault of others, it's very difficult to admit the fault of our own. David had to pay for what he did, his son died. I find it reassuring to know that despite his sins, after turning to God to worship-David continued to be blessed. I think this passage can be used as an example for our own lives. Despite what we have done or how we have sinned, if we go to God and ask for forgiveness, He will grant it. The hard part of it all is that we have to acknowledge and admit that we have sinned.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Ken's thinking on this passage. It is SO easy to look at the faults of others but actually not see our own. Of course, what we are really doing is trying to get the focus off ourselves! I am so thankful for God's most amazing grace that allows me to be forgiven no matter how many times I fail to do His will

    ReplyDelete