Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday, May 1

May 1 - Genesis 41

"I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires."

This statement illustrates Joseph's faith. I believes God is acting and moving. A faith that has survived being sold into slavery and spending the last two years in prison. A faith that never gives up on God. Joseph becomes a wonderful model for us of having faith even during the most difficult times in life. We don't have such faith in hopes that we will promoted to such a powerful position, we have such hope because we believe that no matter what is happening, God is with us.

Two personal notes. Today is my dad's birthday. He has stage four cancer and has entered hospice care. This will be his last birthday. Please pray for him, my mom and our family.

The second note is we are flying to Ohio this weekend to bury Kenda's father's ashes. He died 16 months ago, but Kenda's mother is now ready to bury the ashes in the family plot. Please pray for our family. Because we will be in Ohio on Saturday morning, I am posting the Saturday devotion this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous01 May, 2009

    You and your family are always in our prayers but will be even more in these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are very special, influential people in my life, so it makes me sad to hear all that you are going through. You, your mom, dad, and Kenda's family will all be lifted up in my prayers.

    Faith in difficult times-what an appropriate theme. I think we often lift things to God in hopes that we will gain some worldly benefit from doing so. That our lives will be blessed with things such as money, or power if we follow His way. I have been guilty of this. After considering this passage, I realize how wrong this is. Joseph gives full credit to God and receives many things by doing so. He could have told the Pharaoh that he alone was able to interpret the dream-but he didn’t, instead putting his faith in God, that He alone would provide for him.

    ReplyDelete